After reading many reviews fears of a US Money Reserve ripoff scheme, I’ve decided to take a closer look at the United States Gold and Silver Reserve to share a better understanding of what, if anything, this investment company can offer to us as investors.
U.S. Money Reserve (USMR) goes by a number of names, and they are in a unique position as one of the largest gold and silver providers in the country.
USMR mostly deals with selling commemorative or proof coins, as well as selling from their catalog of bullion and other products. They ship very quickly, usually within three days, and has a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee on everything that is not bullion.
Additionally, they have a free gold buying information kit available to new clients, which you can find out more about in this video:
Company: U.S. Money Reserve Inc.
BBB Rating: A+
Address: P.O. Box 170339 Austin, TX 78717
Why Do I Recommend This Company?
- Recently remodeled their company to put a better focus customers and ethical standards in their practices
- Offer a free gold ownership information kit
- Have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee on most purchases
- Provide very fast shipping; usually within three days with a valid address & credit card
- Rating has risen from F to A+ in the past two years
- Started by a former Mint Director with more than 100 employees that are knowledgeable in the gold & coin industry
- Reputation flaws. Previously had many problems with resolving complaints and misinformation to consumers
- Operate under multiple names, which can confuse potential clients, investors, and customers
- History of overcharging to elderly and other high-risk groups
United States Gold and Silver Money Reserve Reviews, Ratings and Complaints:
Better Business Bureau
Current Rating: A+
Accreditation: Not accredited
Filed Complaints: 17 within the last 3 years
# Reviews: 4
Current rating: 1 star out of 5 stars
# of Reviews: 3
Why Use Them?
With a reputation that is barely making a comeback, it can be hard to see why you might want to make purchases through United States Gold and Silver Money Reserve. There are, however, some benefits they still offer.
- Free gold ownership kit: Before even making a commitment to buying gold from the US Money Reserve, you can get a free gold ownership information kit from them. The kit includes special offers, an informational DVD, an information booklet and other useful information at no cost to you.
- Reestablishing their cores: USMR is bouncing back from a horrible reputation, which many scare some people away from their company. They are addressing and resolving all complaints to be a better company, and this has been reflected in their BBB score, which has risen from an F to an A+. This means good things for investors hoping to try out their services.
- 30-day, money-back guarantee: It’s easier to invest in a company like USMR, which has a questionable reputation, when you can rely on their money-back guarantee on gold and silver coins. If you decide you do not want to keep the products, you can call USMR and start the return process anytime within 30-days of purchase.
- Speedy shipping: When I make an investment, I want to see a speedy output. Purchasing coins is no different, but thankfully, USMR ships very quickly. They track and guarantee all shipments, and most shipments arrive within three days. If you’re looking to get your products quickly, consider USMR.
- Knowledgeable staff: This company was headed by a former U.S. Mint Director, and many of the employees there are gold experts with years of experience in buying, selling, and understanding the market value of silver and gold coins. If you have questions as many of us should have when investing, they’re available to answer these questions clearly and accurately.
Though USMR has made many attempts to get rid of their name as the US money ripoff company, change can come slowly, especially when a company was built on such seedy practices. There’s no doubt that their catalog of available products is tempting thanks to mostly reasonable prices and exciting marketing efforts, their reputation is not solid enough to be considered a good investment choice.
Other companies, such as Advantage Gold, are newer companies, but they have stronger reputations because they have been built on practices that will us succeed as investors. Advantage Gold has a solid reputation that you can put your money into without worry of a US Money Reserve ripoff. My advice on choosing the smartest investment option, in this case, brings me to Advantage Gold, which you can read more about here.