Picking a paid survey site to earn some extra money, with no clear information on their features, advantages, and disadvantages, can be a frustrating and time-wasting experience.
While many survey sites are top-notch and do deliver on their promises, some use underhand techniques to get you working for close to nothing.
In our search for the best paid survey sites online, we came across the SendEarnings website. This site compensates you for taking surveys, receiving promotional emails, and taking up offers, among other activities.
We have reviewed this site and researched it extensively in this Send Earnings review, so you don’t have to.
SendEarnings Review – About This Survey Site
SendEarnings is a cash-based rewards club that shares a percentage of the revenue it generates from its partners with its members. Members can participate in various money-generating activities such as taking surveys, using coupons, shopping in individual retail establishments, playing games, and reading promotional emails.
SendEarnings has partnerships with huge brands in the US, including Groupon, Just Fab, Netflix, Walmart, and Target, and this feature has attracted many a positive Send Earnings review of the site.
The SendEarnings model depends on connecting companies with customers. These companies will use any marketing opportunity to get their services and products in front of consumers, and this platform brilliantly facilitates this. (Another platform that does this pretty well is Fusion Cash.)
As members perform various activities on the site, including watching advertisements, taking surveys, purchasing items with promo codes, or signing up for a mailing list, these actions earn SendEarnings revenue. The platform then shares some of that revenue with its members. Since 2005, SendEarnings has paid out over $9 million to their users.
The platform is open to residents of the United States only, and they must be over the age of 18 to join and participate on the platform.
How Does SendEarnings Work?
You’ll need to sign up on the SendEarnings website and provide your details as well as a valid email address. After sign up, you will receive a $5 bonus, which you can cash out when you have accumulated $25 more from your online activities on the platform.
Earning from the site is so varied—you can do more than just take surveys. SendEarnings is a rewards website that will pay you to perform online activities. In detail, these are the main activities that will earn you cash on the site.
- Taking surveys – surveys are short and pretty straightforward. They will take about 30 minutes of your time and earn you $0.50 – $3.00. Some studies are available regularly, while others are rare.
- Reading promotional emails – SendEarnings will send you paid emails to your inbox. You’ll need to open it and click on a link that confirms you have read it to get paid.
- Clipping coupons – you will get a wide variety of coupons available to you per day. You can print your desired coupon, and redeem it in selected stores for ten cents, and discounts on products.
- Watching videos – although this is not a productive activity, it will still earn you a couple of cents on the platform.
- Completing paid offers – this platform will pay you to complete various free and paid offers. Free offers will reward you with $0.50 – $3.00. They also have paid offers, which will require your credit card information, and these will reward you with $3.00 – $10.00. We advise against giving out your credit card information for any activities on the site.
- Running paid internet searches – the platform will pay you $0.01 – $0.02 for per search on their dedicated search engine
- Playing games – games on the platform are from World Winner. The downside is you’ll be required to pay some money before being given access to these games. We think this is not a good idea.
- Shopping cashback – if you access your desired store via the platform, you can receive a percentage of your purchase in cashback. Not all stores qualify.
- Referring contacts – refer your contacts to earn 10% of their earnings for the lifetime of both your memberships.
Members are rewarded in cash, which they receive by check or loaded on a prepaid Visa card. They can cash out their rewards once they hit the $30 mark. Standard members receive their payments within two weeks, but Gold members receive their payments weekly. All payments are processed in US dollars regardless of their location.
Is SendEarnings Legit?
SendEarnings is a legit rewards site. It is part of a massive conglomerate of customer engagement platforms under Prodege LLC that has a pretty formidable track record of rewards based activities.
They partner with retail giants to reward their customers and have paid out over $9 million' worth of rewards since 2005. Their social media presence is pretty established. The company uses these platforms to post offers, engage their audience, and resolve any complaints. Find them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Users reactions online are mixed. From looking on online review sites and forums, we have been able to judge recent member reactions to the site, in addition to our findings in this Sendearnings review.
“I have been a member here for a couple of years and have found it worthwhile as a slow but steady way to earn cash. I do surveys once in a while but mainly just read emails. I very seldom join anything on their site as I am already a member or had been a member of the survey or forum sites they promote…” – Sandra (US) on Survey Police. April 17, 2019. “I have been with SendEarnings off and on for some years, and I have never got a penny. They have taken away funds and/or points I earned twice. At first, I thought it was my fault, and I started all over again. The second time it happened, they stated I was inactive too long." – Kassandra C. on Survey Police. July 5. 2019.
SendEarnings – The Pros and Cons
- There are plenty of opportunities to earn with this site. Apart from taking surveys, you can earn from reading promotional emails, playing games, using coupons, and referring friends to rack up your points.
- They have an immediate $5 sign up bonus, but you can only get access to it after you have accumulated another $25 to be eligible for cash out.
- Members earn cash and not points. This feature makes it easy to track earnings on your account.
- They partner with some big, note-worthy brands for their rewards options including Amazon, Nivea, Walmart, Macy's, and Kohls. By joining this platform, you will have access to some truly amazing offers and discounts on products, subscriptions, and services.
- The cash out threshold of $30 may seem high, but given the variety of surveys and get-paid-to tasks available, it may not be as hard to reach as on comparable survey sites.
- Some users have noticed that as you approach the cash out threshold, it gets harder to receive paid surveys. This occurrence is not 100% confirmed in our findings for this Send Earnings review, but most users have expressed their experience with this, and do not appreciate the delay.
- It’s also hard to qualify for surveys. Although this is a problem universal to all survey sites, it still sucks. Companies are looking for an exact demographic; if you don’t fit it, you will not qualify. You can also be screened out mid-survey and not receive any points for time spent.
- They only make payment via bank checks or prepaid Visa cards. They do not have a more convenient PayPal option, which could have been quicker and more convenient.
- The cashback option for playing games is not the best. We advise against paying to participate in any activity.
- There is a 10% processing fee applied to all earnings. This feature has attracted many negative Sendearnings reviews. You should not have to be charged to withdraw your earnings.
While in this SendEarnings review, we have found the site to be a good paid survey site, in our honest opinion, but there are many better-paying survey sites out there.
The potential to make real money is low—expect to earn $25 to $30 per month, based on our and other users’ experiences. You’ll also put in lots of effort for very little return. However, the rewards give you access to some of the biggest brands in America.
Many join the site, and make sure to diversify their participation, and take part in other get-paid-to tasks, but ultimately don’t get much in return.
What do you think? Let us know in our comments section below. We'd love to know your thoughts.