Looking to make extra money from the comfort of your home? Participating in paid online surveys is one of the easiest options. Many companies will give you decent cash in exchange for your participation and time.
Some survey sites, however, are blatant scams. You’ll need to be careful to avoid such sites, which can, among other things, steal your personal and financial information. One of the top genuine survey sites currently in operation is PrizeRebel. This site rewards its members for participating in paid online surveys and completing various tasks.
In this PrizeRebel review, we’ll break down both the impressive and not so impressive features of the site. We’ll show you step-by-step instructions on how to sign up, share realistic earnings expectations, and determine how to get the most value from the site.
Prize Rebel at a Glance
- 9+ million international members
- $19 million worth of cash and rewards redeemed since 2007
- Plenty of ways to earn gift cards
- 500+ gift cards to choose from
- $5 cash out threshold
- Plenty of surveys available with no daily caps
- Five member levels with specific perks and privileges
- Good customer service
- No mobile app, but does have a mobile-optimized website
PrizeRebel launched in 2007 and currently has over 9 million members. It offers surveys, market research opportunities, and various get-paid-to online tasks to participants over the age of 18 worldwide.
Users under 18 are allowed to use the website, but only with parental consent. This flexibility has earned them praise in many PrizeRebel reviews, as it gives young people the ability to earn, and engages them in positive online activates.
The company partners with various businesses who use PrizeRebel to collect data on their services and/or products. In exchange, the website rewards participants with cash and other rewards for their time and participation.
Payment options include PayPal account deposits or bank transfers, and gift cards or e-gift cards redeemable at household brands such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Starbucks, and iTunes.
PrizeRebel processes payments within 24 hours, and you only need as little as $5 worth of points to cash out. $1 equals 100 points, so this threshold is achievable.
Gold tier members and above receive their cash or rewards immediately after they cash out. Some members have been pleasantly surprised to see the cash rewards reflected in their PayPal accounts within minutes of cashing out.
How Does PrizeRebel Work?
PrizeRebel is a get-paid-to website, where members earn cash and other rewards for completing surveys and offers, watching videos, and performing internet searches. They also hold random contests, games, and raffles.
All these activities earn members points, which unlock various member levels depending on the number of points accumulated.
These levels are:
- Standard – under 100 points
- Silver – 1,000 points
- Gold – 2,500 points
- Platinum – 7,000 points
- Diamond – 12,000 points
As one progresses through these levels, they unlock new member privileges. These include getting paid faster, increased lifetime referral earnings of 20 – 30%, and automatically receiving rewards claim codes when they are in stock.
How to Sign Up
- Signing up for PrizeRebel is not complicated.
- Go on to the PrizeRebel website using a PC or mobile phone.
- Fill in your name, email address, and select your password. You may also sign up with your existing Facebook login. If using an email sign up, remember to open a secondary email address to manage all the emails you’ll receive from the site.
- They will send a confirmation email to your email address.
- Confirm your account by clicking on the link within the confirmation email, and you’re all set to start earning.
Once you sign up, there are a few steps you’ll need to complete.
- On your initial log in, you will be prompted to complete a walkthrough of the site. We recommend that you carry out this step to learn more about the website.
- Now fill in the PrizeRebel Questionnaire Profile. Be mindful of giving truthful answers in this questionnaire. This information will help PrizeRebel to match you with the surveys that best match your demographic. If you do tell fibs here, you risk being found out in future, because you may give answers inconsistent with your Profile.
- You’re now ready to go! Click on the ‘Start Making Money’ tab to begin those points-earning activities.
How to Earn with Prize Rebel
You may earn with PrizeRebel by completing four main tasks:
This site offers quite a selection of surveys to their members through their real-time integration with partner market research organizations. Up to 20 – 50 studies are available daily.
Through these partnerships, members have access to surveys that pay on average 50 cents – $20.
Given that the cash out threshold is $5 worth of points, this makes taking surveys, especially third-party market research surveys, worthwhile.
Online videos also feature as a way to earn on this site. They’re not too long, which means you can easily watch them and rack up those points.
Completing Offers on the Offer Wall
These offers include daily tasks, product testing, contests, games, raffles, and finding codes. Some of these tasks are not too bad in terms of earnings – you could end up earning $1 per minute if you have the time and complete them fast enough.
An affiliate link will be given to you as soon as you sign up. If you share this link with your contacts and they sign up, you will earn 15% of their earnings for the lifetime of their membership.
Gold tier members and above can earn up from 20 – 30% of their referral’s earnings. That’s a sweet deal and is a good source of recurring income.
From our research, PrizeRebel’s referral program is one of the better ones in the industry.
Is PrizeRebel Legit?
PrizeRebel has been on the online paid survey and market research scene since 2007. So far, it has paid out more than $19 million in cash and rewards to its members.
The fact that the company has verified participants who have received actual payouts over the years suggests a track record as a legit online market research and get-paid-to company. The website has active members living all over the world, with participants living in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
PrizeRebel also has a notable social media following. With over 174,350 followers on Facebook and an active presence on Twitter with 26.7k followers, the company does an excellent job of engaging its audience. They regularly post promo codes for bonus points and respond to customer complaints or queries on these platforms. They also have a presence on Instagram and Pinterest.
Scam sites do not have a responsive customer support team; in fact, it can be pretty tough to contact these companies. With PrizeRebel, they have a customer contact form on their site, and customers can fill in the details of their query or complaint on it.
What’s impressive is that PrizeRebel responds to these customer queries promptly. They offer solutions, remove bogus surveys from the platform, and carry out a timely follow-up. They also resolve survey providers’ problems to keep the site running smoothly, and what’s more, they are available around the clock.
Given that most people skip reading these information pages, we highly recommend that you do, to avoid getting blindsided once on the website.
No online survey company is entirely free of complaints. The most common complaint out there is being locked out mid-survey, and not earning as much as one initially expected to earn. However, complaints such as these don’t necessarily mean a site is a scam site. This issue is universal to survey sites, and we hope that with time, these online research companies will improve on this.
Most legit survey companies also feature on the Better Business Bureau, and PrizeRebel is no exception.
The company has an F rating on the BBB, which isn’t good by any means, but all the complaints launched against them have been resolved. The BBB lists six complaints closed in the last three years, and one complaint closed in last 12 months. This negative rating, however, may have an impact on how their ratings in many PrizeRebel reviews.
Their trust level on TrustPilot is not bad, either, coming in at an above-average 64%. Such online reviews give added credibility to the company, as these are reputable sites with verified participants who are giving their real-time opinions about PrizeRebel.
Here’s what some customers had to say about PrizeRebel on their website and TrustPilot:
“Thank you so much for the Paypal reward! You guys have done a fantastic job. I really appreciate you providing this service. You are the best. I have shared your website with my friends! Thanks again.” – Molten L, Australia on the PrizeRebel website
“If you can get to $5, they do pay and pay fast, but the trick is getting to $5.You may get kicked out of 20 surveys before you get one that’s active or you qualify for…” – Michael C. on TrustPilot updated July 7, 2019
“Prize Rebel is a fun and easy way to win rewards. Watch interesting videos, take surveys, and earn rewards to redeem for cash or great gift cards.” – Sherry from the United States on Survey Police, updated September 1, 2019.
PrizeRebel overall has a decent online reputation with some inevitable complaints, so on this PrizeRebel review, we can confidently state that this site is not a scam.
Pros and Cons
Every site has its advantages and drawbacks, PrizeRebel is no different. Here’s a quick overview of things to consider before signing up.
- There are plenty of surveys available, on average 20-50 per day, with no set daily limits. Other survey sites don’t offer this option, a feature that makes PrizeRebel stand out.
- PrizeRebel has plenty of ways to earn an income. Apart from filling out surveys, you can also complete offers, watch online videos, and performing internet searches. Up to 20 tasks a day are available, which can quickly accumulate your bonus points.
- Unlock more account levels with increased account benefits. By earning more points, you’ll get paid faster and accumulate points faster too.
- Low cash out threshold – redeem as little as $5 worth of points
- Fast payout times – standard members and Silver members get paid within 24 hours of cashing out. Gold, Platinum, and Diamond members get paid instantly.
- They have an attractive site that is simple to navigate.
- They have a responsive and proactive customer support team that is available 24/7
- The lucrative referral program can boost your earnings. You earn 15-30% of your referral’s earnings, with no cap on earnings.
The Not So Good
- The length of the survey does not increase the amount of money you earn.
- There are above average rates of participants being screened out mid-survey.
- The site can redirect you to third party survey providers on occasion. This action will generate a lot of spam emails for you. To manage this situation, make sure to open a secondary email address.
- PrizeRebel doesn’t have a mobile app. The lack of this feature makes it challenging to take surveys while on the go, even with the site’s mobile-friendly interface.
In summary, PrizeRebel is a legit and fun get-paid-to site that can earn you a decent income. The website is engaging, and the company offers a variety of methods (not just surveys) to earn cash or rewards. You certainly won’t get bored!
PrizeRebel has also partnered with some high-paying market research companies that could allow you to earn $20 per survey! That’s not too bad a rate, especially when compared to other similar platforms. They also post up to 20 – 50 studies a day, so you’ll rarely be without a choice of surveys to complete.
Their daily tasks are numerous as well, up to 20 a day, and which could allow you to earn $1 per minute on a good day.
The company has a long track record of paying its users, and their fast payment processing times has impressed us in this PrizeRebel review. That, along with low cash out thresholds, really works for this site.
You can realistically make $10 – $20 a week, not bad for a side hustle with minimal effort, especially if you are active on their referral program. This program is a significant reason why so many people have given positive ratings for the site in various PrizeRebel reviews.
What’s more, you can continue to earn 15-30% of your referral’s earnings for the lifetime of their membership, increasing your overall earnings. We highly recommend you give them a try if you’re looking to supplement your income.
Have you had any experience with PrizeRebel yet? Or are you thinking of joining the site? We’d love to hear from you, so let us know in the comments.