Being broke is no fun. Fortunately, you don’t have to stay broke. There are various tools out there that let you earn extra cash and augment your income. Among my favorite tools for accomplishing this are paid survey sites and apps.
Not all paid survey sites are guaranteed money-making options, though.
In this Ipsos review, we’ll be looking at where Ipsos i-Say is legit and ways you can earn money with it. We also cull feedback from users' I-say reviews, so you’ll have no trouble deciding if this platform is a great and safe choice for making extra cash.
Ipsos i-Say is a market research firm that has been in operation since 1975. The company has conducted more than six million surveys in over a hundred countries. It is thriving when other market research platforms are shutting down.
In its over three decades of existence, the firm has helped a variety of international organizations by providing them consumer insights regarding their products.
Ipsos I-Say gathers consumer insights by having its members respond to surveys regarding a company’s products and/or services. The data acquired via these surveys is then used by clients to create marketing strategies and improve the quality and marketability of their products.
Currently, Ipsos I-Say is one of the largest market research companies in the world. The head office is in the US, but it has hundreds of thousands of panel members across the globe.
Aside from filling surveys, which is the primary way of earning on this site, members of the platform can also participate in paid activities such as polls and contests.
How Does the Site Work?
In this Ipsos review, we’ll be looking at various aspects of the platform to help you understand how you can use it to make money.
To use Ipsos i-Say to make money, you simply need to register on its website. Alternatively, you can download its Android or iOS app on your smartphone for a more mobile experience. After registering on the platform, you’ll be able to receive surveys.
During the registration process, you must provide accurate information in your profile. Inaccurate information will result in not qualifying to receive surveys. If you can’t get surveys, you are not going to make worthwhile money on the platform. I learned this the hard way.
As long as you are over 18 and live in the US, UK, or Canada, you can join Ipsos i-Say. People in these demographics get the most surveys.
Ipsos is also open to accepting members from Finland, Denmark, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Norway, Canada, Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, UAE, Egypt, Italy, Russia, Spain, Poland, Romania, Sweden, and Turkey.
Note that members from these countries may not qualify for as many surveys as those in the US, UK, and Canada. This is because most of Ipsos' clients primarily have consumers within these regions. As such, they’re more interested in customer insights from these regions.
This i-Say review won't be complete without telling you about how to set up an account on the platform. It's relatively straightforward and only takes a few minutes. You'll be asked some pre-survey questions to determine what demographic you fall under.
Once done with the pre-survey, you’ll need to verify your email by clicking an account activation link provided in your inbox. That’s it! You’ll start receiving surveys after this.
For each survey you successfully answer and submit, you will receive points that you can redeem as cash or gift cards.
Unlike other top paid survey sites that also let you earn money through product testing, trials, and other activities, Ipsos i-Say is strictly a survey site. You’ll receive email notifications in your inbox whenever there are surveys you qualify to participate in. You can also check for available surveys in your Ipsos dashboard.
While taking surveys is the only official way to earn redeemable points on Ipsos, you can gamble for points by playing its Poll Predictor game. This game involves predicting the percentage of people that answered “yes” to particular questions.
If your answer is close to correct, you’ll be entered into Ipsos i-Say’s sweepstakes where you stand a chance to win redeemable points. Keep in mind, though, that there are no guarantees of winning the sweepstakes, so don’t count on it.
Depending on the length of a survey, you can earn about 45 to 90 points per survey. You need about a hundred points to make $1. If you are lucky, you’ll run into surveys that are worth 200 points ($2), but surveys worth 45 points are more common.
To maximize your earnings, you’ll need to answer as many surveys as possible. You can also boost your earnings by participating in i-Say’s Loyalty Program. The program rewards you with bonuses for answering surveys continuously over a period of time.
For instance, for answering five surveys in a row, you’ll get 25 points. For 200 surveys will get you 600 points. You can also boost your earnings by inviting friends to the platform. For every friend you invite, you will earn 100 points.
You can redeem your i-Say points as cash via PayPal, but to be able to do this, you need to have at least $10 worth of points in your account (1,000 points). Sadly, compared to other paid sites that offer fast PayPal withdrawals, Ipsos i-Say takes one to three weeks to complete PayPal payments.
You can also redeem your points as Visa prepaid cards, Amazon gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, Target gift cards, and more. Unlike PayPal withdrawals, e-Gift cards are delivered immediately via your email.
Is the Site Legit?
Our i-Say review won’t be complete without answering the biggest question, “is Ipsos i-Say a scam?”
The good news is it isn’t. It’s completely legit. Ipsos i-Say has been around for more than three decades and has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The platform is free to join, and it has a proven track record of paying its members. All in all, the company is generally reputable.
The bad news is you may not be able to make a satisfying amount of money answering paid surveys on this platform. So, it isn’t perfect. Then again, I’m yet to see a paid survey site that is.
One of the major complaints people have about the platform is the scarcity of surveys. You are likely to have this complaint if you fall under a demographic that doesn’t frequently qualify for surveys.
Also, considering that you need 100 points to earn $1 on i-Say, it can take a long time to earn anything substantial. The fact that paid surveys are the only sure way to make money on the platform doesn't help matters.
Once you have the number of points required to get a money equivalent you are satisfied with, you can redeem your reward via any of the following ways:
- PayPal funds: You need at least 1,530 points before you can withdraw via PayPal. These points amount to $15, and it’ll take about three to four weeks for the sum to enter your account.
- Starbucks Gift card: You need at least 500 points to withdraw a Starbucks Card worth $5. The gift card is delivered instantly.
- Facebook Game eCard: At least 500 points are necessary for an eCard worth $5. You will receive it instantly.
- Amazon Gift card: A $10 gift card requires at least 1,000 points. Delivery is instant.
- Target Gift Card: At least 1,500 points are needed. In exchange, you get a $15 gift card delivered instantly.
- i-Say Choice Visa Prepaid Card: This will be sent to you via mail. It takes about three to four weeks to deliver, and you need at least 2,000 points.
If you prefer, instead of redeeming your points and spending it all on you, i-Say lets you donate your points to charities and NGOs, such as UNICEF, Nature Conservancy, Doctors without Borders, Habitat for Humanity, and others.
The Good and the Bad
As part of my Ipsos review, here are some pros and cons of the platform to help you decide if it’s something you’d like to join.
- Easy to use website and app. Ipsos i-Say’s website and app have a clean interface that makes navigation easy and uncomplicated. And because the platform is focused on only surveys, there aren’t other offers to confuse or complicate the user experience.
- People from various countries can join the platform. This is unlike other platforms that limit membership to people in just the US, UK, and Canada.
- Each survey clearly states how many points it’s worth and how long it’ll take to complete. This lets you know exactly what you are getting into before accepting a survey.
- Variety of options for redeeming points. You can redeem points via PayPal, prepaid card, or a variety of gift cards. It’s up to you to choose which best suits you.
- The amount you can earn per survey isn’t the best, but it’s still better than what many other paid survey sites offer.
- There’s an app for Android and iOS, which allows you to take surveys on the go and at your convenience. This makes it better than other platforms that offer no option but to use a computer to fill surveys.
- Signing up is easy and risk-free. Because you don’t have to pay to join the platform, the entire experience is risk-free. Signing up is also easy and fast. Just answer some pre-survey questions to ascertain your demographic and you are good to go.
- A rewarding loyalty program that rewards you for consistently filling surveys. If you take five straight surveys, you earn 25 points. Take ten surveys, and you get 50 points, and for 200 surveys, you get 600 points.
- There’s tech support available to assist members if they run into trouble. For example, if you have issues with your account or have trouble redeeming points, Ipsos i-Say’s support staff can assist.
- i-Say is backed by a reputable company, Ipsos, which has been around for decades. The reputation of the company backs the legitimacy of the site. Unlike scam survey sites that have no history or reputation to back up their claims.
The cons are just as important in honest Ipsos reviews. Read these points so you can effectively them against the pros of the platform to determine if it is right for you.
- Members from less popular countries like Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, UAE, Egypt, Italy, Russia, Spain, Poland, Romania, Sweden, and Turkey qualify less frequently for surveys. This is a stark difference from Ipsos members in the US, UK, and former UK colonies.
- Even people in the US or the UK can experience an unsteady flow of surveys. This makes forecasting earnings on the platform unreliable.
- The least amount you can withdraw is 500 points. It can take a long time to accumulate this amount.
- Limited options for earning points on the platform. Other platforms let you earn points by playing games, participating in product testing, and more. Ipsos i-Say members are limited to only taking surveys to earn points.
Based on our above Ipsos panel review, the platform is legitimate and can be trusted not to be a scam paid survey site.
On the downside, while the platform is legit and you don’t have to worry about being exploited, it isn’t among the best paying survey sites. The amount you can earn on Ipsos is limited by a variety of factors, such as the low rates, the difficulty of acquiring points, and the inconsistent availability of surveys.
You typically earn about 45 cents a survey. If you are lucky, you may get a survey that’s worth $2, but surveys that are worth this much are infrequent. If you are realistic, depending on how frequently you qualify for surveys, you might earn 90 cents on the platform in a day.
Sadly, most members on the average get about one survey opportunity in a week. At that rate, it’s going to take a long time to earn enough to redeem a $5 gift card, much less $15 via PayPal.
Sure, you can earn money in the sweepstakes, but that’s only if you are super lucky. If you are lucky enough to win the $5,000 Ipsos I-say sweepstakes, perhaps you should put your good luck to better use by trying to win the lottery.
The referral program can help you earn a little more, but the process of referring a person isn’t as simple as providing a link. You also need to forward the email addresses of the people you want to refer to the platform. If you don’t know the email addresses of the people you are referring, you don’t get the reward.
So, yes, you can make money on Ipsos i-Say, but you can’t depend on it to survive. To help with this, I suggest signing up on Ipsos and various top paying paid survey sites. By being a member of multiple paid survey sites, you aren’t relying on just one for extra income.
This boosts your earning potential and makes the experience more worthwhile.