E*Trade helps you in making smarter financial decisions on your trading activities. This is accomplished by offering excellent services as evidenced by being ranked top position Mobile app, Website and Advisory Services in the ‘Best of Online Brokers’, a 2016 Personal Finance survey by Kiplinger,
If you’ve read our review of E*Trade you should now be ready to begin your investment journey.
However you need to be aware of the commission and fees you can expect when using the service. New traders usually find themselves asking questions like how much does E*Trade charge, how much does E*Trade charges per trade.
By the end of this article you should have answers to those questions. By understanding this figures you’ll be able to properly plan your investment to maximize your returns.
How Much Is E*Trade's Commission? Fees and Prices Explained
The fees for services charged by online brokerage firms can be one of the key points in selecting an online brokerage firm.
The E*Trade fees are explained below:
Essential fees you should be aware of are; inactivity fees, custodial fees, statement fees, mutual fund/ETF commissions and the account transfer fees.
E*Trade charges per trade are based on the selling of investment products. It has a tiered commission structure emphasizing stock trades quantity:
- A flat commission rate of $9.99 for less than 150 stock and options trades in each quarter.
- Traders executing between 150-1499 stock and options trades in each quarter will qualify for $7.99 for stock and options trades.
- Active traders who make more than 1500 stock and options trades in each quarter will qualify for $6.99 for stock and options trades.
- An additional $45 is charged for broker-assisted trades.
There is no E*Trade monthly fee for managing trader’s account, no inactivity fees for IRA’s and there is also no per share fee.
E*Trade fees per trade vary according to each transaction type:
- Mutual funds are charged $19.99 for a transaction fee.
- Closing of an account fee requires a $25 fee
- A minimum charge of $10 for secondary market transactions or $1 per bond.
- Broker assistance fee is charged at $20.
- $60 will be charged for a full transfer out fee.
- Paper statement fee: a charge of $2 applies to those who don’t meet certain account requirements.
- 75¢ E*Trade trading fees will be charged for completion of each contract.
Here's a short video that breaks down a single trade and associated fees with this brokerage:
If you are an active trader the Pro version of E*Trade provides a greater advantage than the regular version because it offers greater speed and feasible insight.
How Much Is E*Trade Pro?
E*Trade Pro is a premier platform made accessible to active traders at no additional charges.
Pro Elite traders who maintain a brokerage fund balance of at least $250,000 or perform a minimum of 30 stock or options trades during each quarter are eligible to use the E*Trade Pro free of charge. Otherwise, the platform costs $99 monthly.
Why Would E*Trade Traditional IRA Be Best For Your Retirement Plan?
- No annual fees
- No account minimums
- Tax advantages
- Flexibility to withdraw for a home purchase, college costs or major medical expenses.
Professional guidance from E*Trade's Financial Consultants is always available to help you plan and save for your future. With a full range of investment choices, setting up an E*Trade traditional IRA is very easy to start your trading activities.
Even though there are no annual E*Trade fees involve, relevant transaction fees, fund expenses, brokerage commissions and service fees may apply. Contribution can be made annually of either up to $5,500 or 100% compensation. An additional contribution of $1,000 totaling up to $6,500 can be made if you are over 50 years of age.
Traders often encounter difficulties due to their knowledge limitation and the inability to get good advice from their financial adviser.
Before signing up for any brokerage you need a thorough understanding of the commissions and fee structures to ensure you know how to plan your investment strategy.
E*Trade offers extraordinary value for traders with a vision in mind. Even though the commissions are high, but it is very beneficial for both high volume traders and frequent traders whose focus is on long-term investment.
With an easy to understand online and innovative trading tools, E*Trade provides an excellent financial trading experience towards a profitable gain. A 24/7 support with professional investment and guidance are within reach to satisfy your inquiries.